Bayou Writers Group
Minutes of regular meeting – February 2, 2013
Carnegie Library, Lake Charles LA
Treasurer gave report.
-Call for members to sign up for the conference committee
-All BWG logo entries are due by Feb. 22 and we will vote on them at the March meeting
-Mentioned winners of 2012 Reminiscent Writing Contest Society and announced 2013 contest topic.
- Briefly mentioned the upcoming Youth Writing Contest
-Randy set a 5,000 word goal for this month and invited everyone to join him in meeting a set goal each month - accountability partners
- Chris Baldauf asked about BWG and its members donating old computers to members who don't have and can't afford one.
- Julia passed around a sign up sheet to list your areas of experience so other members can contact you for more info.
- Pam Thibidoeaux mentioned a new newspaper starting in Lake Charles - Tentatively called "Voice of Southwest Louisiana" - and they are looking for writers. Also, TWSJ is hosting a book giveaway contest and seeking submissions - see website for more info.
- Merrilyn Williams has a flash fiction piece being published on Feb. 14 in the online site "Infective Ink".
- Rodney Hennigan is speaking with area youth about motivation and writing - he will mention the BWG Youth Contest to them.
- Mike McHugh is a finalist in an online Humor Writing Contest with Jambalaya News
-Sylvia Ney spoke on "The Power of the Interview and Research" 20 -30 minutes
- Dr. Williams spoke on "Finding Your Peculiar Voice"
- Meeting adjourned 11:57 a.m.
Secretary pro tem